This is gonna be a quick post, going off soon for appointment. I spotted this recipe when I was "flipping" through Eileen's blog, one of my favourite blogger, I love her photography, her baking / cooking and also her writing, simply love reading her blog post heeheehee.... This recipe is just nice for my Christmas baking since I have all the ingredients at home.
Can't wait for the event to be over, then I will have free time to do blog hopping, so gals wait for me ya, I am coming lol.
Recipe adapted from eileenの记事本
126 butter, soften
70g caster sugar
125g self raising flour, sifted
2 tbsp milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp cocoa powder
adequate chocolate chips and chocolate rice
1. Beat butter and caster sugar until light and fluffy
2. Add in egg, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition.
3. Fold in sifted flour in 3 additions.
4. Add in milk and vanilla extract, use spatula to mix well.
5. Separate batter into two portions. In one portion of the batter, add in the cocoa powder and mix well.
6. Then spoon in plain and chocolate batter in the cake pan alternately until finish.
7. Sprinkle chocolate chips or chocolate rice on top of the batter.
8. Bake at pre-heated oven at 150 degree for about 25 mins or until skewer comes out clean.
This cake is soft and moist, very nice buttery taste with cocoa aroma, yum!